[OM] Reversal ring macro hints

Subject: [OM] Reversal ring macro hints
From: "Thomas H Hogan" <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:26:32 -0700
Cc: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dear Henrik

My best one was with a ring flash and a reversed 35-70 at f 11 ontop of a
Vivitar zoom extension doubler and
a Olympus T10 Ring Flash mounted on that little home made back element
protector that I described making
out of a black plastic back protector lens cap and a 49-55mm step up ring.
I posted the picture that I got using ASA 25 Ektar film and a Bogen Tripod of
the tiny halictid bee on a flower.
Here is a link to the image on Garth's Gallery

http://www.enable.org/~gallery/subpages/hogan/msbee3.html

I use both the 50mm /1.4 and the 35-70 reversed onto doublers and extension
tubes.  Almost always illuminate with
Flash on medium cord with OM2s program camera for OTF exposure control

More macro stuff here http://flzhgn.home.mindspring.com/insect3.htm

Another hint:  You need a lot of light but depth of field is also limited with
macro.
Sometimes you will be getting a 20: 1 macro magnification so you need to
stabilize the camera even when using
a Flash unit and shutter synch speed of 1/60th second

-- Hank Hogan

Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >

-- Hank Hogan <hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://flzhgn.home.mindspring.com/indexc.htm