Re: [OM] Anniversary project and OT request for ideas

Subject: Re: [OM] Anniversary project and OT request for ideas
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:13:14 -0700
I've been leisurely shooting slide copies of family photos for a slide show
at my parents' 50th wedding anniversary in two weeks.  It was going well -
OM content: OM-4T, Zuiko 50 mm f/3.5 macro at f/8 and 1/15-1/60, on Sensia
100.  Then, today, I am informed that the party committee (my wife and
sisters) decided some time ago that the show would not be a simple projector
timer display in the corner of the room all night (As I was originally
told).  No, it is to be a two projector dissolve show set to music for the
whole room over desert!  Good idea, actually, and I can get the slides done
in time - but I am at a loss for creative choices of music.  I welcome
suggestions - preferably offlist.

The show will start with childhood pictures of my parents from the 30s and
40s, then their wedding in 1951, and raising a family of 4 children through
today.  And "The Way We Were" is too obvious, don't you think?

Thanks
Gary Edwards

people, places, flight at http://members.home.com/garyetx/

Depending on your access to music, there is nothing like music from the era of the pictures. You might even talk to your parents about the music they used to listen to. You could probably pick their brains without being too obvious. Even if that is not productive everyone will certainly react to popular music from the time even if it was not their favorite.

40's: Patti Page, western swing, Glen Miller, Andrews Sisters, Frank Sinatra
50's: Elvis, Everly Brothers, rhythm and blues. Well, you get the idea.

If you have a large library nearby, that is often a great source of old recordings. The scratches give it even more distance in time.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA