[OM] ? Beattie Intenscreen or not

Subject: [OM] ? Beattie Intenscreen or not
From: "O. Candemir" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:13:56 +1000
I recently got a non Olympus grid type focussing screen in an OM 3 I picked up off eBay. I thought it might be a Beattie Intenscreen but I just want to make sure before I offer it to someone.

Looking though the viewfinder:
The screen has no markings on the tab at all. It has 5 vertical and 3 horizontal lines. There is a circle in the centre that does not have any lines passing through it. In fact the ruled lines stop short of the circle. On the right side of the frame the lines also stop a short distance short of the edge of the frame.

It is quite bright and has a very distinctive out of focus stippled effect when directed to a light. It has obvious Fresnel type optics when out of focus.

Is it a Beattie Intenscreen? Does anyone recognise this screen ? Who else made screens like this? Is it possible that it is a custom made job?

Any help appreciated
Oben