Re: [OM] Little Red Stripes

Subject: Re: [OM] Little Red Stripes
From: "Daan Kalmeijer" <daan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:20:24 +0200
Dave,

Do the stripes continue inbetween the images? I suppose if they don't, it
has something to do with the curtain/mirror/lens part. If they do, it has
something to do with the processing or camera back part, leaks of some sort.

I saved your image and did a CMYK split. Cyan shows the stripe and magenta
only extremely faintly. The image looks like an out-door setting so I don't
understand where this red color would come from (exept for scratches of the
cyan layer?). Could it be some sort of reflection/refraction from the edge
of the mirror? Are these pictures all done with the same lens?

You could try taking a short test roll (12 exposures), load it in the dark
and shoot some flash exposures (and rewind in the dark). If the stripes
remain, it would have to be some sort of reflection.

Daan

Pictures of Insects at:
http://www.kalmeijer.net