RE: [OM] Macro vs Micro

Subject: RE: [OM] Macro vs Micro
From: Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:09:15 +0100
> Hans van Veluwen wrote
>
>  16.6x is the upper limit of macrophotography as far
>  as OM equipment is concerned, using the PMT-35
>  (unless you find a way of connecting 2 or 3 bellows
>  together :0) but maybe 30x can be achieved on LF
>  using an optical bench?

Gitzo (and Manfrotto, I think) makes an adapter that can be used to join 2
bellows units together.  It is a metal plate about 20 cm long, with screws
near the ends that attach to the tripod mounting blocks of the bellows
units.  You need extension tubes to bridge the gap between the bellows.  I
have all the bits and pieces, but have not found time to take any
photographs yet.  The combination is very heavy and unwieldy.

Alan Wood
Documentation Writer / Web Master
Context Limited (http://www.context.co.uk/)
mailto:alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx