Re: [OM] Macro vs Micro

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro vs Micro
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:30:07 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

> : Yup, it's a bit longer, but not by much.  You could of course extend an
> : existing OM bellows by adding extension tubes, no need to run out and buy a
> : PMT-35 :-)
>
> The facts: the regular bellows goes from 36mm~198mm (with the lens in normal
> position), the bellows of the PMT-35 goes from 94mm~328.5mm. I think the
> difference is big enough; every macro/micro lover should have their own
> PMT-35 ;)

Nah, just add a 65-116 auto tube and a 14mm extension tube and you're within
.5mm of the PMT-35 (I'm sure you can get that last .5mm using brute force :-).
In addition, you'll be able to go down to 36mm instead of the dismal 94mm of
the PMT-35.  Clearly the PMT-35 is far inferior to the bellows + extension
setup.  In the interest of keeping zuikoholics equipped with only the best
Olympus equipment, I'll kindly offer to exchange those horried PMT-35's for
the far superior bellows setup :-)
                                -mark