Re: [OM] Hello & Focussing Screen Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Hello & Focussing Screen Question
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 18:07:07 +0000
At 04:41 6/26/01, Oben Candemir wrote:
At 06:56 AM Tuesday 26/06/2001, John wrote:
The 2-series screen has already been mentioned. However, at f/8 it will still be difficult even with a 2-series. I believe what you really need:
1.  An OM-2S just in case you would want to use it in "Program."  ;-)
    It also has a uniquely pleasing shutter sound.

Ahhh that OM2 SP shutter sound... wouldn't have believed what a siren song it was till getting one some weeks ago. I love it too... my only gripe (a small one) is that it seems to have the worst shutter lag of all the OM's I own especially with motor drive.

Oben

Yes, it's supposed to. It's the first thing I noticed after having used an OM-10, -1n and -4.

The shutter release has a small governor on it to facilitate proper "Program Mode" operation. It needs enough time to meter, select the lens aperture and shutter speed combination, and then stop the lens down to the selected aperture. (More time than Aperture Priority AE requires.) The design has the governor switched in regardless of operating mode. A good part of the unique sound you hear is the governor and the lag it creates. The only thing it really affects is the motor drive and winder speed. It did take a short time to recalibrate timing my lead slightly for "decisive moment" shooting.

-- John