Re: [OM] Protecting film while traveling

Subject: Re: [OM] Protecting film while traveling
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:45:06 -0500
My suggestion?  Don't worry about it.  Unless you're going through security
a LOT, it shouldn't matter (unless it is 1000ASA or more).

You could put it in your checked baggage, but even that is xrayed at some
airports.

Someone suggested recently putting it all in a ziplock (out of the plastic
containers) and asking for a hand search. Might be a good idea.

Tom

> I will be taking a 10 or 12 day trip this summer and will be taking
several
> domestic flights going and coming.  What suggestions might list members
have
> about traveling with exposed and unexposed film and going through the
> security systems at the airport?  What is the risk?  I will be traveling
> Seattle for an Alaskan cruise. Had thought about shipping my film via UPS
or
> the USPS to  my hotel and then once I'm off the cruise shipping it back
home
> to avoid the X-ray machines at the airport.  My expectation is having
20-30
> rolls of film.  You help, advise and experience is appreciated.  Bill
Barber