Re: [OM] Protecting film while traveling

Subject: Re: [OM] Protecting film while traveling
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 21:25:17 -0700
Bill,

Here is what I dio when traveling by air. I take all the unexposed film
out of it's orginal boxes. Each one stayed in it's plastic canister if
they were clear (fuji and some Kodak) the rest I transfer into clear
containers. All of these are packed in a heavy duty clear ziplock bag. I
have another bag for exposed filem. At the airport I just have the
attendants hand check my camera bag which also has the film bags in it.
This works very well. You may have to get insistant, but I have never
really had a problem. Don't let them tell you that the machine will not
damage your film, it may well do so. Also don't put film in your checked
baggage. I had a roll fogged on the way back from Colorado. While cycing
I did not take all the film with me, and missed transfering one roll
into the bags, that one went through with the checked baggage, which is
even worse than the carry on securty x-ray.

Jim Couch

--
Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA