RE: [OM] Interchangeable Lens Digital

Subject: RE: [OM] Interchangeable Lens Digital
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:12:12 -0400
I agree, a local camera dealer here in Ottawa had a DX1 in (Nikon rep was
showing it off).  The store also sells Olympus digital camera (best
sellers).  The people at the store say the DX1 is so advanced that they
don't think Olympus will ever match it (when they do Nikon will have a even
better version).  They expect to only sell 5 a year here, so Olympus will
not have to worry about market share.  I would never buy the DX1; at the
$9264 Canadian dollar price (taxes included) what amateur (or even prosumer)
in their right mind would spend this much money on a camera?  I could take
my family to Disney World for less than this.

Oh well