Re: [OM] Qualifying local camera service for Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Qualifying local camera service for Olympus
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:49:29 -0700
At 11:15 AM 6/27/01 -0500, Parzival wrote:

>I am wondering about getting a CLA for the OM2n. Is that a good
>idea? Is it worth it?
>
>I live in Winnipeg Canada, which is located on the navel of North
>America, 500 miles away from any other populated protuberance.
>
>I would like to use a local shop. Since OM cameras are a bit rare,
>I wonder about how I would establish the competence of the
>local shop to  service the camera, and what risks I would be
>running vis-a-vis sending the camera away to say Camtech.

Actually you have a very good shop right in Winnipeg. Can't remember the
name offhand (something to do with age I think) but was there last fall and
had a lengthy chat. They have several locations (they are an Oly Digital
dealer too) but the main repair facility is close to the Misercordia
hospital ('bout a block North on the East side of the road) after you cross
the bridge from River Heights). Saw a couple units they had repaired and
was very impressed. Check the Yellow pages under either camera repair or
Digital cameras and their name should jump out.
Barry H