RE: Reciprocity of Fuji Sensia/Provia was: [OM] Taking pictures of Mars

Subject: RE: Reciprocity of Fuji Sensia/Provia was: [OM] Taking pictures of Mars
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:53:56 -0400
Best to keep film & batteries in the fridge or freezer. Mine occupies
some of the vegie drawer.

On Wednesday, June 27, 2001 at 13:33, Olaf Greve <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote on "RE: Reciprocity of Fuji Sensia/Prov," saying..
> > What's even more amazing is that the Sensia had been sitting in my camera
> bag for a year
> > before I used it... and was loaded and unloaded many times. I was
> expecting bad results
> > but was amazed when I got it back from the lab.
>
> Ah yes, I too found that film can take a lot of abuse :) I've used expired
> rolls of film that have been carried around in my backpack through various
> hot parts of the world, then went several times through airport X-ray
> machines, yet the results never really seemed to have been influenced by
> this :) A more recent example is a roll of K64 which was given to me by
> Giles, I believe the expiration date was somewhere in 1997; it was sent by
> mail, then lay in my cupboard for a while, then it made its way to my
> camera, when it was almost full it was dragged in the camera to the south of
> Spain, aftre removing it from the camera it has simply been stored in the
> cupboard of the appartment we rented (in sunny south Spain), then it was
> dragged back to The Netherlands, was sent in, etc. The results? Not a trace
> of weird colours; nothing :)

--------- Questions answerered, answers questioned.
Tom Trottier, President         <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://abacurial.com                   ICQ:57647974
400 Slater St. Suite 415, Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7S7
+1 613 291-1168  fax:+1 613 594-5412  (877)247-8796