Re: [OM] Qualifying local camera service for Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Qualifying local camera service for Olympus
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:34:56 -0600
Just one last, quick, comment and then I'd better get back to work
(SIGH!)....

On 27 Jun 2001, at 13:32, Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Maybe some of the members in other areas (Chris O'Neill in Edmonton
> (e-mail chris@xxxxxxxxx) or others up around the "waist" can make
> recommendations.

Having lived in Winnipeg for years, I still don't know of a repair shop
there I'd trust my precious OM bodies to.  Ditto for Edmonton.  My
recommendation would be either Camtech (New York), K&S (Fresno),
or Multi (LA area).  John's (Camtech's) reputation is the stuff of legends,
and I've heard good things 'bout K&S.  I've personally sent a handful of
stuff to Multi, and have always gotten good prices and excellent service.

Rich's tips on packing and whatnot are good ones.  GST is payable, but
only on the repair cost.  (Can't get away from them damned Feds, I'm
afraid...  let's revolt!!!  <Grin!>)

Hope that's helpful.  If more info is needed on tips/tricks to sending stuff
out-of-country for repair, send me an off-list message.

Back to work.  (SIGH!)  Bye for now...

Chris

P.S.  Recently picked-up a 2N on *Bay that works fine, but could use a
good cleaning and will go down to Multi for a CLA one of these days.  In
the meantime, I'm having a GREAT time playing with it.  'Nuther words,
the OM-2N is a *fantastic* camera!

---
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca