Re: [OM] tam 80-200 + converter?

Subject: Re: [OM] tam 80-200 + converter?
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:35:22 EDT
In a message dated Thu, 28 Jun 2001  8:30:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "mike
m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< Yes, there is a Tamron 1.4 converter that can be used with this lens. I
have one but have never used it with my 80-200 because it doesn't have
the tripod ring. However the 80-200 I bought last week does have the
tripod ring so maybe I can try it out. I have used the 1.4 with my
Tamron 400 f4 and the results are satisfactory. I would imagine
the Zuiko 1.4xa to be superior to the Tamron 1.4 converter. Check out
Gary Reese's lens tests where he compares the different converters with
Tamron lenses.

The Zuiko 1.4 has a protruding front element that prevents mounting on the
80-200/2.8.

Best,

Greg Logiodice