RE: [OM] Taking my OM4T & tent trailer to the Pacific Northwest

Subject: RE: [OM] Taking my OM4T & tent trailer to the Pacific Northwest
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 06:08:27 -0700

As to the locations you mentioned, I would suggest Crescent Lake which is on
101 just south of Port Angeles.  A truly lovely setting, but anymore it's
nigh unto impossible to get away from the madding crowds.  I even thought
about suggesting the Anacortes ferry through the San Juans, getting off at
Orcas to see Mt. Constitution and some of the other scenic wonders there,
but in mid July you need to be able to write off just about an entire day
just waiting in ferry lines.  The 'when' and 'where' of your scenario just
about makes your 'escape from the crowds' desire impossible.  As a true
native (I have the rust spots and webbed feet to prove it), I must admit
that my escape route always takes me south to the Oregon coast.  The scenery
is magnificent, the entirety of the drive down 101 is spectacular, and there
still don't seem to be QUITE so many people there all the time.

Got the perfect solution... you come here to Everett and fill in for me for
a week or so and I'll take off down the Oregon coast...

8^)
Jim