Re: bad influence was: Re: [OM] debut/obscure lens question/barga in

Subject: Re: bad influence was: Re: [OM] debut/obscure lens question/barga in
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:31:37 EDT
In a message dated 6/28/01 10:28:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time, zuiko@xxxxxxx
writes:

> I *can* cure you--but you have to *want* to be cured. I must warn you that I
> do not believe in drawn-out treatments lasting for years (the "B" treatment
> span as we call it -- setting yourself up for a failure of the worst
> kind--let me tell you it's not pretty.)

I tried to package the lenses and bodies to send.  I carefully wrapped each
lens in the finest chamois tied with silk ribbons.  I used bungy cord
suspension packaging to insure no shock damage.  All was going well.  But (
you knew there would be a "But" or a "Butt") as I was laying the OM-4t on
it's back for wrapping it began to beep plaintively and a flashing red light
appeared.  I have taken this as a cosmic sign.  I am validated.  The ghost of
Maitani intervened!  I have been given a gift, the honor of custodial care of
these Olympus artifacts.  So, I have decided not to send the package.
Instead I am building a worthy structure of Teak to house the artifacts.  A
pox on all who tried to exploit me.

Dave Dougherty