Re: bad influence was: Re: [OM] debut/obscure lens question/barga in

Subject: Re: bad influence was: Re: [OM] debut/obscure lens question/barga in
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:16:32 -0400
At 9:27 AM -0700 6/29/01, Martin G Flink wrote:

About six years ago while accompanying my daughter on a shopping trip my eye
caught a display of used cameras in a little shop on Jackson St in San
Francisco.  Having coveting a OM1 since 1972 I could'nt resist buying a
pristine OM2n black body with a 50/1.8.  The next day I was back and bought
a 75/150.

The disease lay dormant with the exception of a mild flare up over the next
two years and then flared up and was out of control after I entered the
wonderful time of "retirement" and then discovered eBay.  From then on it
was a downward spiral with UPS, FEDEX and the USPS making regular stops at
my doorstep.

Mine is a similar sad story. If my original OM-1 hadn't been stolen, I might
have lived happily with a 50/1.8, a 28/2.8 and a 200/4 into my twilight
years. But then I replaced it with a 2S, and then I had to get another -1
for old time's sake and backup. And then you people started talking about
the benefits of all these other lenses, and I just had to give them a try...

This morning I suddenly realized that I have 14 lenses and three different
styles of teleconvertor. But I'm going to stop real soon now...

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx