Re: [OM] Taking my OM4T & tent trailer to the Pacific Northwest

Subject: Re: [OM] Taking my OM4T & tent trailer to the Pacific Northwest
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:27:50 EDT
In a message dated 6/29/01 6:09:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I even thought
>  about suggesting the Anacortes ferry through the San Juans, getting off at
>  Orcas to see Mt. Constitution and some of the other scenic wonders there,
>  but in mid July you need to be able to write off just about an entire day
>  just waiting in ferry lines.

Precisely why I didn't even mention that possibility.  On the other hand, if
you are willing to go through the ferry dock shuffle/wait (both coming and
going), and want to just go to one island destination -- say a state park for
a few days, with side trips from the trailer -- it's hard to beat the San
Juans in July.  You might even see some Aurora Borealis at night!  But the
ferries are nuts with tourists from June 'til Sept..  It's the state's no. 1
tourist draw.

The peninsula is much more "remote" and uncrowded.  I still would recommend
that for "space" and quiet.  Just take along the wine.  Don't expect to find
fine wines in logging towns like Forks.  Beer, & donuts, yes.

Rich