RE: [OM] Taking pictures of Mars/reciprocity failure

Subject: RE: [OM] Taking pictures of Mars/reciprocity failure
From: "Joe Scheese" <scheesjl@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 21:37:53 -0400
Cc: <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Robert Reeves has an excellent web sight on wide field astrophotography.
The link below covers tests he did on print and slide film.  One way to
overcome reciprocity failure is to "hyper" the film.  This can be difficult
and dangerous depending on the method used.  If you search his web site you
will see that you can get some great shots, using off the shelf film, with
exposures of 15 minutes or more.

His book is also very good.

Hope this helps,

Joe