Re: [OM] [OT] OMs in Action CF104

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] OMs in Action CF104
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 17:15:07 -0500
On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 03:01:16PM -0700, Scott Gomez wrote:
> They're also being flown by civilians, in air shows, here in the USA. There
> was a recent issue of Air & Space (from the Smithsonian) that covered them.

About a decade ago (sigh...dammit, it's been too long), when I was a member
of the Ellington Field Aero Club, the first civilian-owned CF104 was
hangared at EFD. I got to look at it quite closely and at my leisure.
Impressive-looking aircraft. Quite beyond my ability to handle, however. Not
long after I parted ways with the aero club, it left, to an air museum in
New Braunfels.