[OM] Wipe those batteries clean

Subject: [OM] Wipe those batteries clean
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 17:10:15 EDT
In view of the recent battery chat:

I went up to Bellingham on Saturday to meet a lady friend I've been chatting
with online for about a year now.  Being a sunny day, took along the OM-2S,
50/1.2, and the 85/2 (it sure is hard to leave all those other lenses behind,
ain't it???).

Got there, and realized that I had left the batteries behind in a film
cannister (I take them out after each shoot, to avoid the dreaded battery
drain problem).  No problem.  Went to Fred Meyer, and picked up a set of
357s.  On the back of the packaging, first instruction is to wipe them clean
(of dirt, fingerprints, etc., I presume -- it didn't say).  I recall reading
(here on the list, I believe) to wipe the batteries clean before installing
them.  Seems that is the recommended factory procedure, as well.  Maybe this
explains some premature battery "failures"?

Rich