Re: [OM] 357 batteries -- differences by brand?

Subject: Re: [OM] 357 batteries -- differences by brand?
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:50:47 EDT
Acer wrote:
<< if the 357 is the same as lr44 (i think i saw the former on a package with
latter), you can get them for 99c at like office depot :)

I missread Accer's post and  previously  wrote:
   >                        I believe SR44 is generic IEC spec for the
overall battery, I think it only guarantees the overall package size!
<
The LR designation in ACcer's original post is for the alkaline cells which
should be avoided. Incidently they can swell much more than the silver cells
so they might even do damage in some applications

Sometimes the silver cells are subdivided into SRXXXS or SRXXXSW.  I believe
the the S cell is the high rate cell and the SW the low rate cell but I do
not have a reference to prove that.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes