Re: [OM] Does the 50mm f1.8 open to f2? the 50mm f1.2 open to f1.4?

Subject: Re: [OM] Does the 50mm f1.8 open to f2? the 50mm f1.2 open to f1.4?
From: "O. Candemir" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 01:01:48 +1000

I think I want an f1.2 but my Jiminy Cricket is chirping "is the $400
or so that this lens is going for now worth the 2 stops?"
(Or is it really 1.5 stops? - hence my question.)  Yes, I know
Skip Williams' data says the average price is $260, but dealers
and recent auctions are asking for and getting more. And
I haven't yet got to the dumpster diving stage of Zuikoholism,
like those of you putting together those $1100 kits with those
really cheap 90mm f2.0s. ;-)

- Parzival

The 1.2 is a joy to look at. What a reason to get it huh? I had to have one just because I love the 50mm focal length and is the fastest lens in the entire current Zuiko lineup. I've had two 55/1.2 before it but the 49mm filter ring size together with that heavy multicoated glass gives the 50/1.2 an indescribable aura that I just absolutely love.

Get them while you can. I've heard rumours that the production of these and other Zuiko's has ceased.

Oben