[OM] Lens mount screw head "keep-out zone" for OM-4T

Subject: [OM] Lens mount screw head "keep-out zone" for OM-4T
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 19:37:46 -0500
Hello --

I've just had an encounter with a lens whose mount had a countersunk screw head in the region likely to do damage to the little rubber bump on the OM-4T mount (A Samyung/Phoenix 18-28 f/4 zoom), and decided to figure out just what the keep-out (for screw heads) might be. Working from an image in the e-SIF, I came up with an angular sector of 100 degrees clockwise from the top or focus index of the lens (looking at the back end of the lens in question). This may be a little generous, but I wanted a safe metric. This seems reasonable given the 70 degree engagement twist of the OM mount, and about 30 degrees between the red bayonet index mark on the face of the mount and the 'little black bump'.... I've made myself a simple circular template with a 100 degree wedge removed that I can carry around to various potential OM Lens sources for easy assessment; I understand that the offending screw holes can be filled with epoxy, but this simple template at least lets me know if a particular buy comes with a little added work required!

Can anyone confirm or refute my measurements and analysis?  Thanx!