Re: [OM] Does the 50mm f1.8 open to f2? the 50mm f1.2 open to f1.4?

Subject: Re: [OM] Does the 50mm f1.8 open to f2? the 50mm f1.2 open to f1.4?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 18:43:30 +1000
Already got the glasses. Sailboats - hmmmmm. How about - 'as I get slower,
my lenses get faster' - or some similar adage that reflects the correlation
of age with disposable income or acquired wealth.
Tom's right - it's the glass. When you look at these lenses head on and
they look like a thin ring of metal around a huge mass of glass - or you
look down at it in your bag and get transfixed by that multicoated pool of
reflections....
I've had AF zoom lenses with much bigger front elements (i.e. Canon EF
24-85mm) and they just didn't have the same charisma, appeal, aesthetic,
whatever.
Took it out into a vineyard today - low winter light, white tree, brown
vines, blue sky, Kaesmann polariser - yum! I was  transfixed - forgot the
mud I was standing in and that the emu sausages I had for lunch were
fighting back. Then one of Oben's mites crawled across the screen. Never
seen one before but, two days after he mentions them .... voila!
Can you train them to eat fungus?
AndrewF