RE: [OM] 35-70 3.6

Subject: RE: [OM] 35-70 3.6
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 11:28:55 +0200

I have just checked my 35-70/3.6; no trace of haze or fungus. Maybe some areas
of the world are more affected than others. I only have one lens that is not
crystal clear, a Kiron zoom imported from Florida. One rear internal element
appears to be covered with small bubbles, or something similar. I got my money
refunded!

mvh / regards
Roger Key

> I'm yet to see a 35-70 3.6 without fog/fungus. I've seen three now and all
> have had a fine haze on the elements in the moving group within the lens.
> The smaller chamber within the chamber (if you can understand that!) when
> you look from the front. Don't know why but it has been the case
nevertheless.

My experience with the 65-200/4 is similar. I've looked at four of them and
three had a haze on an internal element. I pulled one apart and the element
just seemed milky, not fungused but not quite clear either.  Perhaps the
special soft focus portrait version of this lens :-)  I've been meaning to
check if the element is available as a spare part. I've got a 35-105 being
repaired at the moment, must remember to ask when I collect it.

Stephen