Re: [OM] Happy Fourth of July

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy Fourth of July
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 12:57:09 -0700
At 01:41 PM 7/4/01 -0600, Garth wrote:

>Back in the Elder Days, yes.  Since about 20 years ago, faceless
bureaucrats in Ottawa replaced Dominion Day (something that has historical
significance and a cultural context) with "Canada Day," and the rest of us
have had to live with it ever since.  :-(

>But thanks for the wishes anyways.  I spent "Canada Day" living through a
mild case of food poisoning, which was somehow apropos...

Jeez Garth,

You always seem to find the interesting things to do. I spent the day with
my grandson shooting the parades and events for the local rag.
Barry H