[OM] OMs, Planes & People

Subject: [OM] OMs, Planes & People
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 21:25:28 -0700
One of the joys of my recent trip to the Edmonton area was getting to see
the subjects of one of my previous stories. The folks at Great
International Flight Training hold a BBQ each year on the Summer Solstice.
Pilots and families get to attend while Ron and Marlene pick up the tab for
everything. The talk is all planes, planes and occasionaly a little more
about flying. One of the events that goes on is the flour bombing contest.
The school's trainers (American Champions) are used heavily. Each
contestant must "purchase" the flour bombs from GIT (who in turn donate all
funds collected to  various charities) and then get to go flying with the
instructor of their choice.  Target is a blue bucket placed on the grass
between taxiway and runway. There is supposed to be a minimum 50' pass but
that often disappears in the heat of competition (check the pic of the
Cessna). They keep flying until "just" before sunset (it is all Visual
Flight Rules after all). Prize is an hour's flying in one of the school's
aircraft.

The relaxed, social atmosphere is very similar to the list, albeit in
person instead of virually. Great way to pass an evening.

The links below cover some of the "festivities". OM content - all shot with
OM2n, Zuiko 65-200/4, Viv Series 1 200/3 and the Zuiko 24/2.8

        http:/www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/SSol.1.jpg
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/SSol.2.jpg
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/SSol.3.jpg
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/SSol.4.jpg
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/Sola.1.jpg
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/SSola.2.jpg
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/SSola.3.jpg
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/SSola4.jpg
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/SSola.6.jpg

One of these days my son will finally help me get squared away with an
actual web page and I'll just need to type one link for new additions. Enjoy.
Barry H