Slide scanning service Was: [OM] OM-4Ti + 90mm/f2 : first impressions

Subject: Slide scanning service Was: [OM] OM-4Ti + 90mm/f2 : first impressions
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:32:48 +0200
Cc: marc.simon@xxxxxxxxxxx

Marc,

In Leuven - but I'm going to struggle to give you the name or address of the
place...  The name is something like Foto Bert Verlinden.  the location is...
you know the main street that runs from the Cathedral to the station.  And you
know the pedestrianised street that runs in parallel, where Inno is (on the
left as you face the station).  Go down that street (station direction) and
about half way on the
left there are two shops more or less side-by-side - one that does picture
framing (big workshop area at the back) and d+p, and next past it a camera /
GSM shop.  It's that first shop.  The guy who runs it (Bert?) is VERY firendly
and helpful, and he has a
new Fuji digital machine that he loves to show off.  He'll do a cdrom (don't
know what resolution) for 199 bef if it's at the same time as d+p (don't know
about slide though).  I'm sure he'll be the place to go.

And I'm sure fnac also do it - but anywhere who does it slide-by-slide won't be
cheap.

If you've just got an occasional emergency need, email me and I'll do it for
you on my Acer Scanwit (2700dpi) - but as you may have heard from others, it's
not a background / batch task - I reckon 10-15 minutes per slide - and an A4
print takes as long
again!

I'm in Tervuren.

best regds
Jez

"marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 04/07/2001 22:13:07

Please respond to olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 cc:      (bcc: Jez CUNNINGHAM/BE/ALCATEL)

 Subject: re:[OM] OM-4Ti + 90mm/f2 : first impressions

Hi Peter,
you wrote:
>>Does anybody know a place in Belgium (pref. Leuven, Antwerp or
neighborhood) where I can have my slides scanned ?  My sister has a flatbed
scanner with a "slide adapter", but I'm looking for alternatives in case
this combo doesn't work
well (which is what I expect).  Does Fnac have this service ?  Or should I
be able to get it automatically when I drop off my film ?<<

I think your lab must have some information about that, there are a lot who
works in Digital now and I think there are Fuji Digital labs not too far
from you, we have one here in Namur. Perhaps could you call Fuji or Kodak,
or make a search on their site to have the address of a lab nearby you. Or
if you know somebody in the KUL (the University for the non-Belgians...)
they sure must have some scanners.
regards
marc