[OM] Cleaning a lens

Subject: [OM] Cleaning a lens
From: "Robert Swier" <swier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 20:40:48 -0400
Hi everyone,

My father just gave me a 50mm f1.8 Zuiko with what looks like some internal
mold of some sort. I need to get it cleaned before using it. Is this
something I can do myself? I have never disassembled/assembled a lens, and
if the process is tricky and complicated, I'll see about sending it to
Olympus for cleaning (if they even do that sort of thing). But on the other
hand, if the disassembly/assembly process is straightforward, I would prefer
to do it myself.

Any advice on how complicated it is to take the lens apart without harming
it?

Robert Swier