[OM] Developing Disaster

Subject: [OM] Developing Disaster
From: Clendon Gibson <bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 20:30:43 -0700 (PDT)
I recently turned in some 4th of July pics to a one
hour place at my local grocery store. (I know.) The
purpose was to enter thier photo contest and in order
to do that you had to use thier developer machine.

Enough of that. One of the rolls apparently did not
develop properly. Most of the roll is verry dark,
although an image can be made out on these.

Took it to Holland photo here in Austin. Thier opinion
is that some of the developer was not removed from the
dark portion. This can be apparently made out because
of the silver coat on the lighter portions of the dark
negative. It is thier opinion that those pictures
cannot be saved.

So I have several questions.

Is there any hope for these pics?

If so, where should I go?

Is there a place here in Austin I can go for a third
opinion?

What should I be looking for in the way of a
developer?

When I get a set of prints back form a developer, what
should I look for to indicate these guys/gals know
what they are doing?

Thanks In Advance