[OM] Who made Carsen lenses.

Subject: [OM] Who made Carsen lenses.
From: "Parzival Herzog" <parz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 23:50:45 -0500
I have a 28-70mm Carsen 1:3.8-4.5 zoom lens.
Carsen is (was?) the Canadian importer of Olympus
camera products. I presume they branded a line
of cheaper lenses for Olympus SLRs, and I am wondering
who the maufacturer of this lens was, or what better
known third party brand has sold this lens model.

If it helps to identify the beast, it is of metal contruction,
it has a 58mm filter thread, its a one touch zoom, it
has a close focus max reproduction ratio of 1:5

The "Third Party Lenses Resource Megasite" at
http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/third/index.html
doesn't include the Carsen name in its list of re-branders.

- Parzival