Re: [OM] Re: 35-70 Windfall

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 35-70 Windfall
From: "Enrique Cabrera" <qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 11:40:35 +0200
Tom Scales said:

> I'd also bet that the 35-70/3.5-4.5 they had is gone, as I suspect
> it is the one that another list member mentioned buying earlier
> today.

Tom, does this mean I get a f3.6 for my money???? <g> What do I have
to order to get a 40mm f2??. Does anyone have the conversion table?

In my opinion, if you feel guilty, call them. But as Tom says, they
will prefer you keeping it (shipping costs, + hassle). This winter I
ended up with two NIB Sigma 80-200 from a shop in Canada, because
they shipped it twice. Called them, but they didn't even bother for
the return (lens was on the same price range). Shipment was to Spain,
though.

PS: KEH have a 14 day return policy (or whatever). Just quoting:

"Returns are allowed within 14 days of invoice date and are subject
to the following conditions:
 * USED items must be in same condition as originally shipped.
 * Returned items must be shipped prepaid to KEH.
 * Returned items shipped COD or "shipping charges collect" will not
be accepted.
* Returned items that do not meet the above conditions or products
containing opened software will be subject to a minimum 15%
restocking fee."

Enrique Cabrera Rochera
Profesor de Mecanica de Fluidos
Universidad Politecnica de Valencia