Re: [OM] OT - Shipping to Canada

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Shipping to Canada
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 14:00:33 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, Tom Scales wrote:

> I've never once needed to know anything about the classification codes. They
> never ask and there isn't a place to put it on the form.  Is this even used
> on a US->Canada shipment?

I agree, I've had hundreds of packages shipped to me from the US and I've
never worried about any "classification codes".  Just put it in plain
english what's inside and it'll get through just fine.  Commericial shippers
probably need to worry about these classification codes, but as an individual
shipping something through the post system, forget that they even exist.
                                        -mark