Re: [OM] Ralph Gibson-seeing

Subject: Re: [OM] Ralph Gibson-seeing
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 20:02:24 -0700
 >Another advantage is that you can switch lens fields in the
viewfinder so that you can preview what a different lens on the
camera would produce.  I have frequently wished I had some way to do
that with my Olympus without changing lenses, looking, deciding that
is not what I want, and changing back or trying a different lens. Of
course I could buy one of the accessory multi-lens viewers made by
Leica, but that is a lot of money.
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

Not all rangefinders can do this, unfortunately. The cheap way to an
multi-view 'turret' finder is one of the Russian copies - around $65 will
get you a 35/50/85/135 unit and sometimes one with 28 as well. They're
reputed to be one of the copies that are equal to, if not better than the
original. Of course, most people just use a zoom nowadays.
AndrewF

That is true. I am using a zoom more now too. I did not know about the high quality Russion copies. Thanks, Andrew.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA