Re: [OM] fast OM lenses in low contrast lighting...

Subject: Re: [OM] fast OM lenses in low contrast lighting...
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 23:16:04 EDT
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Simple - the faster you go, the shallower the depth-of-field. In low light,

This is one of the reasons I find using a 1-13 or 2-13 screen so useful.
With a fast lens the split image can really help.  I know screens are a very
subjective area, but the combination of the split image and spot metering
"sight"  in the OM-4t is great.

I also find that when shooting with the 50  3.5 Macro that my efforts at
selective depth of field are enhanced by the split image as a step before
using the depth of field pre-view button.  The more I shoot in Macro
distances with this lens the more I use that technique.

Dave D