Re: [OM] fast OM lenses in low contrast lighting...

Subject: Re: [OM] fast OM lenses in low contrast lighting...
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 22:43:25 +0000
James,
Because these lenses are faster your view through the viewfinder will have a much shallower DOF, particularly with the 50/1.2 (focusing is done with lens wide open). Presuming you have a standard 1-13 screen (matte field with microprism ring and split image spot), try using the microprism ring and see how that works for you. Also, if you wear corrective lenses, ensure you have appropriate dioptric correction on the viewfinder. It makes focusing much, much, much easier, especially using the microprism ring.

-- John