[OM] T-8 or T-10? ~*Ring Flash Mystery*~

Subject: [OM] T-8 or T-10? ~*Ring Flash Mystery*~
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 23:58:19 EDT
Dear Mark Dapoz,

<< all I can think of is that someone may have "fixed" a
 T-10 using a T-8 back plate.  They look exactly the same except the T-8 has
 an additional aluminum mounting ring screwed on to it.  Here's a scan of the
 front and back sides of a real T-8 and T-10.

 http://olympus.dementia.org/pictures/T-8.jpg
 http://olympus.dementia.org/pictures/T-10.jpg

 Compare those to what you're seeing. >>

Thanks very much for those ppicture links to your site. They were very useful!

It really looks like it is a T-10 in this case. The only thing wrong is the
label designation, so your conclusion of:

<< I don't know then, all I can think of is that someone may have "fixed" a
T-10 using a T-8 back plate.  They look exactly the same except the T-8 has
an additional aluminum mounting ring screwed on to it. >>

must be correct. This is what I began to suspect when I saw the unit, but I
had only an 'intuition' to guide me. Your photos definitely reveal the truth.
The T-10 has been grafted onto a T-8 back plate with the T-8 label on it.

Thanks Mark and everyone else who replied!

Kind regards,

Dave Bellamy. [aka Inspecor Morse, armed with only red Jaguar and OM-2SP!]
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/