Re: [OM] Air damper wear?

Subject: Re: [OM] Air damper wear?
From: Bernd Möller <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 12:09:29 +0200
Hi Jochen,

Your comparision with car dampers is, as far as I can see, out of scale. As the
shutter of our cameras is designed for some 100.000 exposures, the other
components, including the damper, must be designed to withstand wear in the
same order. Car dampers are designed to withstand shocks on roads, mirror
dampers are designed for a different application.

It's like comparing a desktop fan with a turboset in a steam powerstation.

> I think, there is enough spam in this list!

Sorry to bother you with this. This was not meant as spam. I see this as a
rather interesting problem. Some members of this list have obviously thought
about it and even experienced problems with the damper mechanism.

Best greetings

Bernd Möller