Re: [OM] RE: eBay Photo Equipment Sellers

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: eBay Photo Equipment Sellers
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 15:41:50 EDT
In a message dated 7/8/01 11:03:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The seller of the flash said that he would send the case in a follow-up
>  shipment.  It's had time to arrive but it's not here yet. Time for a
follow
> up.
>  The seller of the 35-70mm lens offered a refund - not including shipping
>  charges.  I'll probably just keep it since the price was OK ($86).
>  The seller of the OM-1n and I are still negotiating.  He'll issue a refund
>  for the auction amount but is not wanting to include shipping.
>  I've just notified the seller about the problem with the Weston
>  meter.  Waiting for a reply.

Keep after them, Johnny.  Most don't want to risk negative feedback.  My
experience has been about 3 or 4 shaky deals out of about 50.  And of those,
1 gave a refund, 1 reimbursed me for the needed repair, and one shipped the
correct item and told me to keep the wrong one he sent (front cap vs. rear
cap).  The 4th was a rather sloppily repaired cord, which came from an
otherwise reputable seller.  I've done several other deals with him, all
O.K..  I think sellers have weak moments when they let their standards slip,
just as buyers have weak moments.

You'll probably have to eat shipping on any returns.  Make sure your feedback
includes that info.

Rich