Re: eBay Photo Equipment Sellers Was: [OM] 21mm f2 close focus stop

Subject: Re: eBay Photo Equipment Sellers Was: [OM] 21mm f2 close focus stop
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 10:50:47 +1000

Or how about worst grammar, spelling, etc.?  Start with seller "Negresco".
His plagiarized, cobbled together descriptions make my teeth hurt.  I haven't
been able to bid on anything of his.  Gut feeling.

Rich

I'm glad someone else has had that feeling about that guy. He put a 35shift on probably 4 times before someone has finally given him what I think is alot more than what its worth. I too have resisted bidding. I haven't even emailed him.

I copped one negative feedback because of someone I suspect was like him. I bid on an OM-3 and won the auction. Following the auction I received an email from the seller "halflifefreeman" with a non personal email titled PSICORP. S/he never used their name in the 3 emails it took to organise shipping. Always PSICORP. He asked for an exorbitant amount on what I had used the UPS web site to calculate would cost half what he said. When I asked him to check over the sums he unilaterally cancelled the sale and posted a NPB on me. He said he would not leave feedback and to ignore the NPB emails I got from eBay. I emailed eBay and showed them the emails he sent me and they removed the NPB against me.

TO cut a long story short, the seller relisted the item and got a final total $100 less than what I had bid. What was suspicious though was that the winning bidder had the same internet service provider as he did "optonline.net". I thought it quite odd that this was the case. He then emailed me saying was I still interested in the camera and that he'd ship it for less. I said no I had bought elsewhere. Shortly after that he posted negative feedback. What I think happenned now was that he "rescued" his OM-3 from selling at a low price by bidding on it himself with an alter ego (second email address) and gave retaliatory negative feedback to me realising he would never get the same price again.

I just didn't have good feeling about this PSICORP / halflifefreeman character. Use of a personal name and a good attitude are pretty important when you want someone to send you $980 US.

Just one of my stories....

Oben