RE: [OM] 21mm f2 close focus stop - 65-200/4 too

Subject: RE: [OM] 21mm f2 close focus stop - 65-200/4 too
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:23:09 +0200
Hi,

> This is a question to people who know about the 21mm f2 lens.

Well, I don't have one yet, but I would certainly love to get one (it's
ranking nr. 1 on my top 10 list of most wanted Zuiko's). Nonetheless, what
you describe is something that seems to be the case for my 65-200/4 zoom
lens. As soon as it hits the close-focus section, some friction is
definitely noticeable. The friction is not heavy and it easily focusses down
to the close focus distance, yet some resistance is noticeable. Does any
other 65-200/4 user has more information on this? Is this normal, or is it a
defect?

Cheers!
Olafo

PS: Oben: now that you're able to exchange the "damaged" 21/2, would you be
so kind to ask for how much money they would let that lens go? Perhaps if
the price is low enough I might be interested in buying it...