Re: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**

Subject: Re: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**
From: "Malcolm Clay" <zuiko@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:55:39 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> He waited months and then finally left me feedback -- negative feedback.
> Here's what he posted to me:

Yes, fear of retribution when leaving negative feedback is certainly a
factor, but I have left appropriate feedback when it is called for. (I've
had a few no-pays on non-camera sales.) I also always file a non-paying
bidder notice with eBay. I am very happy to see that eBay has lowered the
number of non-paying bidder warnings dead-beat bidders can get. A sign that
they are trying to clean up the bidding pool. I would not feel too bad about
the one rating point, one bidder trying for retribution won't keep bidders
away from a good seller.

You can post a reply to his feedback in your feedback section. I have seen
where buyers/sellers post a reply to such feedback with something like:

Buyer bailed on purchase, email me for full details.

If you get any email from it, reply in short, factual detail of events. Cut
and paste the same reply to all email you get on it. Maybe something like:
(I certainly don't have all the facts -- Just guessing on events -- total
fiction if you are eBay NetPolice reading this *grin*)

Buyer contacted me and wanted to back out of the deal after claiming that
his wife said he was spending too much money. Since he was the top bidder
and did not retract his bid before the end of sale, I left him negative
feedback. Unfortunately, I did not receive any further email attempting to
resolve this issue as the buyer claims. I stand by my solid positive eBay
rating from my satisfied buyers.