Re: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**

Subject: Re: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**
From: Chris Charlton <c_charlton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 22:30:27 +0100 (BST)
> I can't tell you how angry I am about this. I value
> my e*bay rating, and to
> be punished for telling the truth burns me up.
>
> My caution to e*bayers.  Maybe you don't want to
> leave that negative
> feedback.
>

> I am not a happy camper.
>
> Tom

I bid on a 135mm lens from a place in Canada, the
picture had an original Oly cap on one end, and the
"passed" gold sticker (the oval one, know what I
mean?) on it. When I got the lens it had neither (the
adhesive for the sticker was still "sticky" not dried
out, so I don't think it fell off on its own). I wrote
the guy and he said he "forgot" and would send it on.
He didn't. He'd already posted a + feedback for me, so
I posted a neutral for him, saying he doesn't send you
what you see in the photo. He can't change my feedback
to negative now!!
I also bid on a bogen tripod with head, the guy is
very uncommunicative, I have received about 4 e-mails
from him in reply to my (about) 10. I am still waiting
for it to be delivered and the guy won't tell me the
UPS tracking number, I haven't heard from him for over
a week now. I wouldn't recommend you deal with this
guy, his Eb*y username is "bandero44@xxxxxxx". I will
be leaving negative feedback for him, after he has
left positive for me. (I always pay immediately for my
auctions). What do people do out there if items don't
turn up at all? Contact Eb*y? The police? I have an
address and a name for him.

Chris