[OM] My first Olympus!

Subject: [OM] My first Olympus!
From: Michael Zimmet <mzimmet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 18:07:00 -0400
Okay, people -- congratulate me. I've purchased my first Olympus.
(Well, my first Olympus SLR, as there is an Olympus XA in my past.)

Back in 1978, when I went to 47th St. Photo to buy my first 35mm
SLR, the OM-1 was on my short list. But, alas, I wound up choosing
something else.

Still, I've continued to admire the OM line over the years, and I
recently began looking around for some Olympus equipment. Today, I
agreed to buy an OM-1n, in excellent shape, which got a CLA by
Camtech a little over 2 years back, at which time it was also
converted to use MS76 silver oxide batteries.

It's costing me $140. I think I got a real deal.

I'm still looking for an OM-2n, along with a few Zuiko lenses. But
I'm in no great hurry, and eBay will eventually provide. (Not
looking to start yet another thread on eBay's merits and dangers.)

Most of my photography these days is done with the Canon EOS system,
and that probably won't change. But I do intend to use my Olympus
equipment on occasion. Same way that some folks do their daily
commuting in a new Toyota, but still enjoy taking out the '67 'Cuda
on weekends.

Anyway, just thought I'd share the news.
--
Michael Zimmet
mzimmet@xxxxxxxxxxxx