Re: [OM] T-8 or T-10? ~*Ring Flash Mystery*~

Subject: Re: [OM] T-8 or T-10? ~*Ring Flash Mystery*~
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 18:56:42 EDT
Mike Humberston <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<< They might well have cobbled it together themselves
 simply to try and sell a few of the bits they've had knocking around. >>

Deary me! Do I detect a hint of doubt about the ethics of this particular
photographic chain store? :-0

Hmmm ... On second thoughts, it seems you've no doubt about their ethics at
all!

I imagined that some seasoned and cynical pro photographer, short of beer
money, on noticing the naive young girl on the counter of their 123rd new
shop, whipped out a few spares from the bottom of his aluminium case and part
exchanged this 'T8' at the T8 p/e price instead of the T-10 p/e price, and
went straight down the pub.

I hope to have another look at it tomorrow. When I've convinced the
manageress that it's a T-10 and a fake, and bored her to death by showing her
all my OM brochures to prove it, plus maybe the pictures that Mark D. kindly
put on the web to show the differences, plus a couple of the other e-mails
printed out (not yours, don't worry!), and then drummd my fingers on the
counter a bit, ummed and ahh'd, etc., if she offers me the lot for £100 with
a 12 month or preferably 3 year guarantee, I will take it.

Dave Bellamy.
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/