Re: [OM] Question from Interview with Maitani

Subject: Re: [OM] Question from Interview with Maitani
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 18:03:30 -0500
On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 06:10:33PM +0000, John A. Lind wrote:
> body.  This does not diminish the fact they are workhorses.  There are
> quite a few AE-1[P] bodies around still making photographs (two of my
> cousins have the AE-1).  Having handled a friend's AE-1P, it falls between
> an OM-PC and an OM-2S in ruggedness, probably closer to the OM-PC.

I did a foam replacement on my uncle's 25-year-old AE-1 last year. It looks
like it's been really beat to hell: the battery compartment door is broken
off, the focusing screen is scratched, there are dings all over the
body...but it still makes good pictures (especially once I replaced the
foam).

On a similar, somwhat off-topic angle..I was given a Canon Sure Shot Z115
that appears dead despite fresh batteries. Anyone know whether it's worth
opening up to take a look at, or if there are any common failure modes? The
exposure counter reads 24 with no film in it, but there are absolutely no
other signs of life.