Re: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**

Subject: Re: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:11:51 +1000
>I also bid on a bogen tripod with head, the guy is
>very uncommunicative, I have received about 4 e-mails
>from him in reply to my (about) 10. I am still waiting
>for it to be delivered and the guy won't tell me the
>UPS tracking number, I haven't heard from him for over
>a week now. I wouldn't recommend you deal with this
>guy, his Eb*y username is "bandero44@xxxxxxx". I will
>be leaving negative feedback for him, after he has
>left positive for me. (I always pay immediately for my
>auctions). What do people do out there if items don't
>turn up at all? Contact Eb*y? The police? I have an
>address and a name for him.
>Chris

Ease off Chris - if items don't turn up at all, it may not be his fault - I
have one $300+ item which didn't make it (vanished in the US somewhere) and
USPS takes FOREVER to resolve the problem. My buyer got a bit snippy about
it, assuming that postal services here in the outer reaches (Australia!)
was by mule and riverboat where I was able to prove that the package hit
the shores of the US 3 days after I posted it! Very frustrating for me as a
seller.
Perhaps he didn't use a despatch system that allows tracking? Perhaps he
thinks that 4 emails is reasonable and 10 a bit of a snowstorm? Give the
guy a chance? Do what I did with a slow payer - send him a firm but polite
email asking exactly how and when it was sent and reminding him that it has
not arrived. Then wait awhile in case he's a) Out of town, b) On vacation,
c) At the bedside of a dying aunt, etc. Don't rush to flame him just yet.
AndrewF