RE: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**

Subject: RE: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:37:25 +1000
>Sellers that refuse to post feedback until the buyer has, are, IMNSHO,
>weaseling. (Worried that they're NOT delivering what they advertised,
>perhaps?) I may buy from one of them once, but never will again. You may run
>some risk by posting feedback early, but I don't think most buyers are
>likely to post neg feedback if you deliver what you promise.
>Scott Gomez

Not a question of weasling (and my pet ferret Rowley thinks that comment is
specist anyway!)
I would prefer to do the feedback once the buyer receives the item and
tells me that they're happy. A difficult or unreasonable buyer can make a
lot of trouble for you after they have paid, including unwarranted negative
feedback. For instance, it's possible to get a buyer who has unreasonable
expectations, demands and gets an undeserved full refund and then posts
negative. Work in a shop sometime and you'll discover that some customers
are simply outrageous in their demands and quite impossible to satisfy -
not many, but enough to louse up your week.
Feedback should be done when the deal is satisfactorily concluded on BOTH
sides. Anyone who both buys and sells soon realises that there are
unreasonable people on both sides of that fence - amateur sellers in
particular may need a little leverage too.
AndrewF