Re: [OM] Unusual Olympus lens hood

Subject: Re: [OM] Unusual Olympus lens hood
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 20:38:44 -0700

NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I happened upon an Olympus 55 mm lens cap that looks like an
> Olympus
> body cap. It has the two little spring loaded gripper deals on either
> side.
> Does anyone know the vintage of thus cap or what it was used on?

Don't know much about them but I have a couple of them that were in a
box of Oly bits and pieces that a local camera shop owner gave me a year
or so ago. I tried one on my 135 2.8 and the damn thing wouldn't stay
on. After a few weeks of messing with it, I put it back in the box with
the other caps, cables and lens hoods and went back to the other style
lens cap.

later,
mike m.